Thursday, October 13, 2011

what to read?

It's Thursday and my peek at the scale revealed 188. boo ... I was hoping for 187. Though this probably means I will have no loss this week I'm not giving up hope since Saturday's official weigh-in in still two days away.

Yesterday was a busy day but it was busy with the tedium of creating 30 versions of an online display ad. Similar creative but different messaging for each of 15 ads and a second set of 15 with a different call to action for A/B testing. It's even boring to talk about. :P

Cro and I both have finished reading the novel and are now considering what to read next. I enjoy this reading the same book thing. It's fun to compare theories of where the story is headed. So, what to read next. Maybe another George R.R. Martin series? Or maybe something recommended by other people who are looking for something good to follow The Song of Ice and Fire like:

Brandon Sanderson's "Mistborn"- series of 3 novels so far
Joe Abercrombie's "The Blade Itself" - series of 3 novels so far
Steven Erikson's "The Malazan Book of the Fallen" - series of 10
Patrick Rothfuss's "The Name of the Wind" - series of 3 novels

Maybe Cro will have a preference or a different suggestion.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's meals totaled 58 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 9 carbs

30g of roasted chicken (9 protein)
broccoli (2.5 carbs)

Quest bar (20 protein and 4 carbs)

30g of roasted chicken (9 protein)
broccoli (2.5 carbs)

bacon (20 protein)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 comments:

  1. You look great!
    Aren't you like 5'8"?
    I always thought you were that tall.
    Forget about the numbers... you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank's :)
    I'm a little shorty like you. 5'3".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was leaving you a long comment but now it's gone.

    You do look awesome!

    Which series do you recommend the most out of all of those?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's a book I want to read again as soon as I get a kindle:

    http://www.jamesrollins.com/books/view/16

    ReplyDelete
  5. SheZug - that looks great as does The Devil Colony by the same author. Putting them on my list to read in future.

    Angie - thank you. sorry that you lost the long post and sorry I don't get to read it! I haven't decided which book to read next but they all seem to be praised highly by a good number of readers.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...