Sunday, November 13, 2011

Week40 begins - Chicken and brussels sprouts week

It's time to cook the Brussels sprouts that have been napping patiently in my freezer. I haven't decided if I will try to fancy them up or just roast them with olive oil ( which is plenty yummy).

Thanksgiving and Christmas are so close! Cro bought a turkey breast and small ham for us to enjoy thanksgiving week. I think I will also make some of the chicken, sausage, mushroom casserole that Angie posted a few days ago. Her description that it tastes like stuffing made me think it would be good to include in our thanksgiving meal. Cauliflower mash will also likely make an appearance along with Brussels sprouts. With the restrictive diet I'm on I think my thanksgiving meal is going to have to be enjoyed in small portions and over several days. :). It will be a festive week with each meal being a little different from the last one rather than an entire week of the same thing.

I had 4.5 cashews for breakfast along with my normal supplements. I think understandably I'm not hungry for breakfast the day after freeday. »cool« I just discovered something new about the iPad on-screen keyboard … if I press and hold a key it pops up several hidden choices. Choices like „”"“»« all hide under rhe " key. That is fun! I discovered this when rubbing a bit of lint away from the screen. Of course after seeing this happen I had to try all of the keys one by one to see what was hiding in there ^_^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's meals total 62 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 3 carbs

4.5 cashews [not much protein… I think it was like 2 - look it up later I will] [2 carbs]

Bacon [20g protein]

Chicken breast [20g protein]
2 Brussels sprouts [1g carb]

Bacon [20g protein]

2 comments:

  1. The casserole looks and sounds delish. Thanks for sharing the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to trying it too. I heard about it from Angie's blog lowcarbdaily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...