Friday, November 11, 2011

creeping closer!

183 this morning! You all may hear a big WOOT!!! when I hit the 170's again. Sometimes I am surprised by this diet. :) Happily surprised. Tomorrow is free day and I don't have to go into the weekend feeling bad for not having a loss like I was worried about.

My indulgence tomorrow will include a pumpkin pop tart! It might be horrible but since I like pumpkin lots and pop tarts are made to be more delicious than nutritious I think it might be sinfully yummy. It's my turn to pick the lunch date place and we are going to an old favorite: Longhorn Steakhouse. I don't know if I like that place more for the food or for the servers who are always happy to see us and to chat. The steaks are wonderful but I think it has to be the people connection that draws us back.

I packed two Quest bars today so that I can put one in my desk in case of future forgetfulness. Speaking of forgetfulness I left my iPad at work last night. I worried the entire evening though Cro checked it's location on iCloud and we could see that it was still in the downtown office. That locator is so cool. I can find my iPhone, iPad and desktop computer on a map just by going to icloud.com and signing in. I joked with Cro that if I'm ever abducted he will be able to find me.

I've decided that the work day will go by quickly today. If time is perceptual I should be able to control how fast it goes and I want today to go quickly and the weekend to go slowly. We'll see how that works out for me. :P

Happy Veteran's Day and thank you to everyone who has served to protect us. Much love. ♥

Ha! I just Googled for a pumpkin pie poptart review to see what other people think and found a blog that reminds me of the stylings of Jack Sh*t. Check out this guy's review on the gingerbread pop tart. Hilarious.

Ooh, Robert Irvine is going to be giving a cooking demonstration in Indy next Wednesday. Too bad that's in the middle of the work week and Cro's late work day too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's meals totaled 74 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 8 carbs

roasted chicken (17 protein)
broccoli (2 carbs)

Quest bar (20 protein and 4 carbs)

roasted chicken (17 protein)
broccoli (2 carbs)

bacon (20 protein)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 comments:

  1. Gosh, so much to comment on…

    Congrats on the loss! You are amazing in your consistency. I think that's a lesson for life. If you want something, keep working on it consistently, it will come to you.

    I have never liked Pop Tarts, I much prefer Toaster Strudel. But I haven't had either for years, now your post has me thinking I might want one tomorrow.

    We have an Italian place that we love and go to often on cheat day. While the food is good, I think a lot of why we love it is the people are great and it feels like home.

    I don't have an iPad, but I have asked for one for Christmas so we shall see. I did get an iphone this summer, and it is now one of my BFF's right now. I agree the "find my phone" app is so cool, just one of many cool things.

    Finally, I love Robert Irvine. I was sad to see him go from The Next Iron Chef. I wish that one crabby lady (who won the challenge this last time) would go home. I don't like her on Chopped, because she is often really snotty to the contestants. So I would like to see her taken down a peg. Are you still going to see Robert even if Cro can't go with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Grace. I think it's so cool to have one free day per week and still be able to lose weight

    I don't think I've ever tried Toaster Strudle. I'll put it on e list of things to try on a future free day.

    Our Internet is down at the office and I'm e only one who can get online right now due to the iPad. Typing is more difficult but at least I have connectivity

    I probably won't go see Robert without Cro but I think it sounds like lots of fun. Maybe he'll make another appearance here in future.

    Your Italian place sounds great. Good company always makes any event more memorable and special

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know how that "making the weekend go by slowly" works out for you...

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...