Monday, November 28, 2011

fishing for various things

Breakfast
On with another six days of fish. Flounder has a stronger fishy taste than catfish. I don't like it but am eating it anyway. :P I like it more than I liked those super cold showers a few months ago. I think the fish thing isn't going to last anymore than that did. It's good to be aware of things I can do to improve my health and to incorporate more even if not all the time, I guess.

I checked into a couple more Savannah catteries that are proven to produce melanistic kitties. One of them prices their F4 melanistic males at $400. AND they are in Illinois so we could drive to pick him up rather than putting him through the stress of air freight. It's something to consider. The second place I checked sells their F4 melanistic male kittens for $700. The first place is $950 plus an additional $350ish for air shipping. Oddly the kitten I posted photo of a few days ago is no longer listed on their site. Since they have several kittens marked as SOLD I don't understand where the little guy went. Oh well. Conspiracy. ;)

I'm going to Google and see if there is a manner of cooking flounder that will dampen some of that fishy flavor. Probably not since it IS fish after all.

Buddy cat has been so extremely clingy to me lately. I don't know if it's all of the extra brushing, bathing and tangle-removing I've been doing for him or what. Maybe it's because I smell like fish, lol.

*update: I think I found the answer to the fishy taste problem. Fresh fish is supposed to not smell. My fish is frozen so not freshly caught. I think the lemon juice solution is the one I'll try.

>< )>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's meals total 80 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 8 carbs

4oz flounder [20g protein]
cauliflower [2g carb]

Quest bar [20g protein][4g carbs]


4oz flounder [20 protein][
cauliflower [2g carb]

Bacon [20g protein]

1 comment:

  1. I like malt vinegar, too.... and lemon.
    I guess these things exist because
    most of us don't like that fishy smell!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...