Tuesday, November 15, 2011

liar liar THE SCALE's on fire

I woke up this morning curious about how the salt intake might be affecting me this week. Even though I normally would wait until at least Wednesday before checking the scale I checked this morning. 174 ... what?!?!??? Okay, the scale must have been moved because there is no way that I had a 9 pound WOOSH three days after free day. I moved the scale around until it bumped up to 184. I finally left the house a bit disgruntled at my "trusted" scale. It doesn't matter if it's 10 pounds off. It only matters that it is consistent so I can tell if I'm going up, down or staying the same. In that respect at least my jeans don't lie.

I bought 2 dozen donuts for the office this morning since it's one of the other designer's birthdays and we've had several birthdays recently. For some reason I enjoy buying the things that I can't eat. I'm not at all tempted but in gifting them to other people it feels like a bit of extra power to me. I'm weird I guess. It's also fun to walk into a donut shop and not feel immediately self conscious and inwardly apologetic for how fat I am.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's meals total 80 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 6 carbs

Chicken breast [20g protein]
2 Brussels sprouts [1g carb]

Quest bar [20g protein][4g carbs]

Chicken breast [20g protein]
2 Brussels sprouts [1g carb]

Bacon [20g protein]

6 comments:

  1. I totally know what you mean. I baked some high-carb brownies for Angie to take in to the guys at the oil change place that she worked and I wasn't tempted even a little bit... Not even to lick the knife! It's empowering, in a way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun. I thought I was alone in that weird thing. :) It IS empowering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. now that would be amazing! I get irritated at my scale for different numbers, so the whole family is on strict orders to not touch it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least it lied in a downward direction. I would have been seriously sad if it has gone UP 9 pounds overnight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do exactly the same thing...buy tons of candy and put it in a candy dish in my office, even though I don't eat it myself. People are both amazed and confused that I do that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe the candy and treat buying for other people is like arm wrestling for muscle men. Just a way to assert that we are tougher than the candy. :)

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...