Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Routine Schmooting

Mentally it is more difficult to stay on a diet when routine is upset than when routine is … well … routine. At least I'm finding that to be so. It's not the eating that I'm having trouble with but the urge to change things by skipping supplements and not eat (with a false hope to lose faster).

Knowing that I need to keep to the routine of the way of eating and not allow that to be on vacation kicked in this morning. So I WILL take supplements beyond the morning fistfull and I WILL eat all of the meals I have planned for myself. Even the Quest bar. Even the last meal of the day. Yeah, yesterday I had myself talked into not eating the Quest bar meal and replacing it with bacon. I avoided that one by not having enough bacon to last the rest of the week. Then I talked myself into not having the last meal of the day. I didn't avoid that one for the same reason. :(

Today I will do all as planned.

I know that though it seems like eating less should cause me to lose more, it doesn't work that way. I'm working with a freaky-intelligent metabolism here and if it finds a way to slow down, that's what it is going to do. I have to keep my meals small and evenly spaced throughout the day.

Okay, enough of the self-lecture.

My client meeting yesterday evening was very good. They are super happy with the work, picked up on what I was training them on (so they can keep the content updated on their site), and ooh'd and aah'd over the stats program and ability to see who is visiting, what browsers people are using, what operating system, which pages are being visited, and spy on the spiders as they hit the site. There's nothing better than praise from happy clients. Oh, and they paid me. That is awesome too. :) A good meeting all around.

Matt has a few film festival site updates for me to do this week. Little things like adding a couple more sponsors. Other than that, I am free to enjoy the vacation! Cro is going to take me to a movie sometime this week and Matt wants us to get together to celebrate my birthday on Friday evening.

I think Cro and I are going to see Paranormal Activity 3. :D Spooky fun! Oh, and I want to gather stacks of books that haven't been touched in ages and never will be due to the Kindle and iPad. We'll take the stacks of book to Half Price Books to sell and then have lots more free space in the house.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's meals totaled 82 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 16 carbs

roasted chicken (21 protein)
diced peppadew, chopped cashews, green beans (6 carbs)

Quest bar (20 protein, 4 carbs)

roasted chicken (21 protein)
diced peppadew, chopped cashews, green beans (6 carbs)

bacon (20 protein)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 comments:

  1. To plan, or not to plan, that is the question:
    Whether 'tis nobler on the plate to suffer
    The slings and arrows of outrageous snacking,
    Or to take arms against a sea of carbs,
    And by opposing end them?

    To eat, to cheat, No more;
    I dunno....I myself do not plan...
    Rather - I do, but just cuz
    I eat the same basic things every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. You are awesome.

    You were in my dream last night. So was SheZug. What adventures we were having are fuzzy this morning but we were all fast friends and having an adventure filled with danger and intrigue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A dream? Do you remember details? Do you like your kindle or your ipad kindle app better for reading? I was thinking about getting a kindle, but the Turk wants me to get an ipad (meaning he will have an ipad)

    My Mom got a kindle for her birthday & I loved it. I've never seen an ipad (can you believe it!?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only remember the fuzzy details. We were having an exciting adventure and were great friends. I missed you both when I woke up.

    I love the ipad most and it does so much more than just let me read. It's awesome for reading a book though. The kindle screen is great if you read in the sun though since it doesn't glare. You'll need a light to read in the dark with kindle though since its not back-lit like iPad. Apple refurbished iPad 1 was on special but Cro thinks it ended on the 31st. I just mentioned you were asking and Cro looked it up. He says Apple reverbs are a very good deal and some of the configurations are $399 right now. Either way a digital book is so much nicer than holding a paper novel. Oh, the kindle batter life is about a month whereas you need to charge the iPad nightly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Typing with the iPad is slow since the keyboard is on-screen. I think I said " though" a zillion times last comment because I was thinking faster than I could type.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a hard time switching from my work blackberry to my iphone typing wise. Blackberry is so much easier since it has buttons.

    I'm convinced now to invest in an ipad instead of a kindle.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...