Monday, November 14, 2011

salt

Vivid and crazy dreams last night. Let's see… I dreamt that I was at work but we were all sitting around a large school cafeteria-style table. We had a few new employees, including a guy that looked like Geoffrey Zakarian. In the dream he was hitting on me in a creepy and possessive manner. I think it has to do with the Acacian novel I'm currently reading. The eldest daughter of the assassinated king has been captured by the leader of the new regime. She is being both ridiculed (to show off his power over the old king) and courted by this usurper.

My best friend from high school was also in the dream. I asked her to go with me to the restrooms where I planned to express my thoughts about this overbearing new guy. Before we could get away a large group of people joined us and I excused myself to get back to work… where crazy GZ was eagerly waiting my return. lol… crazy dream.

I brined the chicken before pan searing yesterday and even though I read about the process beforehand, I ended up with super salty chicken. I didn't drain away enough of the brine, thinking it would reduce as the chicken seared. It reduced but left the extra salt behind of course. The brussels sprouts turned out perfectly but I doubt I'll be able to finish all of the chicken I've made with each meal. I even added some pepperoni, thinking it would be a brilliant addition. Unfortunately it's going to be an addition to the trash since pepperoni with extra salt is even worse than chicken with extra salt.

Ah well… salty or no, I'm just eating to get some protein in and to keep the hunger pangs away. I am worried that the extra salt will cause me to retain water this week. Maybe I'll do some reading on that.

Another Monday is upon us. It was raining super hard as I drove to work this morning. I even heard some thunder. I love thunderstorms but even the rain is clearing now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's meals total 80 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 6 carbs

Chicken breast [20g protein]
2 Brussels sprouts [1g carb]

Quest bar [20g protein][4g carbs]

Chicken breast [20g protein]
2 Brussels sprouts [1g carb]

Bacon [20g protein]

2 comments:

  1. I always wondered about brining and how it isn't supposed to make the bird salty. But it does huh?

    Good to know. I recently saw a recipe by Guy Fieri for a brined turkey.... with salt AND sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. Maybe the sugar counters the salt. I didn't use any sugar but it sure is super salty.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...