Wednesday, November 9, 2011

shuf-ful-ful-lin'

a girl and her iPad
Wednesday and 186. :( I highly doubt there is going to be a loss this week. BUT… it's three more days until the weekend and THAT is something to be happy about. It is a long week after vacation. I think time is perceptual.

Amazing amazing chicken and brilliant broccoli today!!! Yeah, I know it's what I have nearly every day but hey, it deserves a celebration now and then. Chicken and broccoli is helping me to reach my goal. I only think about food during the week when my stomach protests that it's hungry or when I think about what I'll eat next freeday. It's liberating to be rid of the chains of what to have for my next meal. I know what that will be: it's chicken and broccoli this week. :) It's liberating to not worry about how much I ate. I pre-measured everything so I know it's right. It's liberating to not wonder how the scale is going to react to my latest weight-loss scheme. I know how the scale reacts to the meals I have made for the week.

It's slow… but if time is perceptual maybe it only FEELS slow. I feel good now and my clothes are a little looser every week.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's meals totaled 74 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 8 carbs

roasted chicken (17 protein)
broccoli (2 carbs)

Quest bar (20 protein and 4 carbs)

roasted chicken (17 protein)
broccoli (2 carbs)

bacon (20 protein)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 comments:

  1. My massage therapist is going 4 hour body now.
    He acted shocked that I knew about it.
    Even the ice baths. Ah, the fond memories.
    I still try new things... and I like it!
    But it's always good to dance with the one who brung ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very cool. I don't think it would work for me if I wasn't so strict (even giving up dairy completely) during the 6-days on. I don't do the c-c-cold showers anymore. They were torturous!!! Good for MS but bad for enjoying my shower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot about the cold showers! I don't think I could give up dairy, but then again, I never thought I could give up carbs, either. Like, never EVER.

    How are you liking the ipad?

    Cro did SO GOOD with giving you that gift, plus the case is just so cute. When you said orange, I was thinking a different looking case completely.

    Oh, and your hair is too cute. I was happy to hear that your former stylist is doing great with the medical thing, even though I'm sure you missing him doing your 'do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the ipad. I am always surprised by how very thoughtful and attentive he is. I am lucky. :) I think you are too when I read about all the wonderful thing your girlfriend does for you. We are both lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And bacon...don't forget the BACON!

    P.S. I've grown so dependent upon my Quest bars, which are my "go to" mid-morning snack. Which reminds me, I need to order some more! What are your favorite kinds? (I like the peanut butter, the almond crunch, and the berry ones. Not too fond of the apple pie.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bacon :)

    My fav Quest bar is the berry one but I don't dislike any of them so far. oh no! I just realized that I forgot to pack a Quest bar in my lunch today. That's going to make for a hungry day.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...