Thursday, December 29, 2011

"Balls!" cried the queen… (Alice in Wonderland)

Scrunched again.
Also pictured is my new FitBit.
I made a recipe that Cro is famous for around our house. Sausage and sharp cheddar meatballs. It does contain a small amount of Bisquick and sharp cheddar but still weighs in at only 3 carbs each. This violates my goal to not have dairy during the 6-strict days, but I'm livin'a little. We'll see if the cheese gives me a lactose stomach ache. I doubt it, I'm not totally intolerant, but enough that avoiding dairy on the 6strict days has been working out for me.

Anyway, I was proud of how well they turned out since I'm not the best cook. I made 60 of them. One or two makes a very easy to pack, quick to heat (25 seconds in the microwave) and delicious meal.

Cro's work relented after much outspoken shows of poor morale by many of his coworkers. He gets Monday off for the New Year holiday. Yay!!! So we now both have a three-day weekend for our anniversary. Very happy.

Here's how I made the sausage meatballs:
2 lb Tennessee Pride spicy hot sausage (100 protein, 0 carb)
32oz sharp cheddar (448 protein, 64 carbs)
1.5 cup Bisquick (13.5 protein, 113 carbs)
Divided by 60 meatballs = (9 protein, 3 carbs each)

Roll into raw meatballs (mine where about the size of an egg), space out on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's meals total 76 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 13 carbs

2 Sausage meatballs [18 protein][6 carbs]

ChocoPB Quest bar [20 protein][3 carbs]

2 Sausage meatballs [18 protein][6 carbs]

Bacon [20 protein]

6 comments:

  1. I think it's a good idea to change up your plan a little bit to see how your body reacts... Keep us posted and those sausage balls sound SO GOOD! Is it a family recipe of Cro's or what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure similar recipes exist but he tends to put things together without recipes. I love being married to someone who can cook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use a Fitbit and I think it would be better if you wore it on your bra or your waistband or pocket. Not sure you would get an accurate reading on your wrist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie J - Thanks for the tip! It's nice to hear from someone else who has one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Send it to me, and some of those balls.... Fed Ex overnight... and I will report back asap! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Balls!!!" cried the queen. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...