Monday, December 19, 2011

cockoo for coconut

I made a couple of posts regarding Buddy cat's lip on some cat message boards like this one http://board.catchannel.com/Topic67932-17-1.aspx Maybe someone will have good info that we (and the vet) haven't thought of.

I'm having a coconut-cashew Quest bar today and wow, I didn't expect to like it this much. It socks you in the face with coconut flavor… in a good way. :) Oh, eggface is giving away a mixed box on her spectacular blog so check it out if you are interested in trying them for free.

Christmas week! Lots of work and that lovely holiday brain for the next 4 days. I'm glad it's a short week because I have lots of gifts to wrap and a casserole and low-carb dessert to make before we travel to mom's house. I plan to make that chicken-sausage-mushroom casserole and maybe the strawberry cake that Angie posted. 

I'll have to make a trip to the grocery first and I'm thinking that today or tomorrow would be best since the grocery becomes overrun by holiday bakers prior to Christmas. It's funny (not!) how holiday bakers don't always shop in a holiday spirit. Not unless the holiday is demolition derby day and the spirit is run down your fellow man.

The Survivor finale was last night. I won't spoil it for those who might not have caught it yet but I must say that I wasn't really excited about any of the finalists winning.

The Next Iron Chef - Superchefs finale was also last night but I couldn't stay awake for that much tv. I'll watch it tonight. I'm cheering for the girly (but don't remember her name, lol).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's meals total 80 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and _carbs

Coconut-cashew Quest bar [20 protein][2 carbs]

Chicken breast [20 protein]
Broccoli

Chicken breast [20 protein]
Broccoli

Bacon [20 protein]

7 comments:

  1. That cake is okay, but honestly, I think you'd be better off trying out the gluten free brownies on healthyindulgences.net or even the low carb pound cake that Linda makes is good. Just saying, not sure if I will be making it again... I would give it three stars and the others probably five.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the coconut bars are good. Yesterday, I ordered some of the coconut, lemon, and cinnamon. I can't eat chocolate, so I'm always looking for alternative flavors for nutrition bars. They are on their way, so I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie - I'm thinking about "EASY GOLDEN CARBQUIK CAKE " on Linda's low carb recipes site. Topped with real strawberries it looks like a winner.

    Grace - I'm excited about these new flavors too. I got the mixed box so there are a few more new ones to try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was able to watch the next iron chef, but fell asleep before the survivor finale. I woke up in the middle of the night and tried to google it, but fell back asleep before the page loaded!

    I found out this morning and I feel MEH about it. I'm just glad the redemption island king lost and hope they never invite him back.

    All this holiday baking, I bought the ingredients today to make pumpkin bake. Will try to make it Wed or Thurs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't excited about the Survivor results either. I wouldn't have been no matter which of those three it had been though. I wanted Christine to win. :P Though that was long ago denied.

    Hmm, pumpkin bake. I wonder if I have the ingredients for that. I know I have a can of pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you ever need a little sample of coconut flour or wheat protein isolate 8000, I'd be happy to ship you some to try! We buy it by the 5 lb container... Our house is like the bulk foods of low carb cooking, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have coconut flour but had to look up wheat protein isolate 8000 to see what it is. From what I read it's similar to vital wheat gluten and I have some of that. Thanks for the offer though! I have a cabinet filled with all sorts of low carb flour subs too. :)

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...