Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Not bored with curls yet…

2nd scrunchy-hair day
Another curly day. I weighed in this morning and was happy to see that I'm back to pre-Christmas weight already. :) I'm still liking this 6-days-on, 1-day-off thing.

Today is a bacon day. I have chicken breast at home ready to cook but bought some microwavable packs of bacon and the easy aspect won out. I guess I'm still in "recovering from holiday and being sick" mode.

I finished "The Long Walk" by Stephen King last night. I almost had that thing read in one day! Fast read. I must say that although it is an awesome piece of work the ending left me dissatisfied. That was the author's intention I'm sure and the feeling it left me with was appropriate to the subject matter of the entire novel. Still - what a downer.

Okay, what's next. Grace suggested a novel that looks good but I haven't gotten it yet. I may turn to something by H.P. Lovecraft or Kurt Vonnegut since I do have several of those downloaded to the ipad.

But reading has to wait. I have a deadline to meet even though the office is running skeleton crew this week due to SEVERAL people taking vacation days to fill in between the two holidays.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's meals total 80 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 2 carbs

Bacon [20 protein]

Cinnamon Roll Quest bar [20 protein][2 carbs]

Bacon [20 protein]

Bacon [20 protein]

8 comments:

  1. That is why I never read fiction. It usually sucks.
    And I love your cute hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like its speculative nature. I like to speculate. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new SK novel (11/22/63) is fantastic, and the ending doesn't suck (unlike some of his books). Plus, it's about 8,000 pages...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read that one and you are right, it was super fantastic. Oh, you only said fantastic, but it was super fantastic. :) So was "Under the Dome" if you are into a sci-fi tinted horror novel. I was.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the curls bring out your highlights more... Do you scrunch and let air-dry?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had the highlights updated recently but I think the scrunching helps too. I use the blow drier on low to diffuse the curls until partially dry and then let them air dry the rest of the way. Quick and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you have naturally curly hair? I do and I used to hate it when I was young. But now I love it...it so easy to care for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grace - My hair is naturally responsive, if that is a choice. I have very fine hair and it will stay however it dries, which can be a very bad look if I'm not careful!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...