Friday, December 23, 2011

NyQui...

I still feel like I'm in a NyQuil-induced haze but I have only taken a couple of DayQuil today. I called to refill my Sertraline prescription and found myself having pleasant feelings toward the Walgreens automated prescription fill voice. I even said "Thank you" with a smile on my face. Yeah. NyQuil.

I have to get my hair cut today and wrap a mountain of gifts, oh an cook the chicken-sausage-mushroom-cauliflower casserole and figure out what low carb dessert I'm going to make. I must have been feeling out of it when I went to the grocery because I got part of the ingredients for three choices but thought I'd figure it out when the day to make it came around. Well, that is this afternoon.

It will be fun to see mom and Laura tomorrow and hopefully they will like the gifts.

I need to find a new book to read. I am reading "Somewhere in Time" by Jack Finney right now but that isn't going to last too much longer. Although Stephen King recommended it at the end of his latest book,  it isn't resonating with me like "11-22-63" did.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's meals total 80 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and _carbs

Chocolate-peanut butter Quest bar [20 protein][2 carbs]

Bacon [20 protein]

Chicken breast [20 protein]
Broccoli

Bacon [20 protein]

3 comments:

  1. Ah - that' just the meds talking!
    *wink*
    Get well and come back to party into the New Year!
    Happy Holidays to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Nyquil too, it is my go-to med when I have a cold.

    One of my favorite books is "Cutting for Stone." It was the first book I read on my Kindle and I will never forget how amazing it was. I think you would like it.

    Merry Christmas, Oct, hope you are feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Anne and Grace. I will look up that book. I'm always looking for the next one to read. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...