Monday, December 12, 2011

Week44 begins

Week 44 began yesterday actually but I didn't post. :P

I'm having catfish today and took a photo to show how beautiful it turned out. At least I think it turned out beautifully. There is no breading though I lightly dusted it with cinnamon on both sides and some Adobo seasoning. Catfish = yum.

Buddy cat has developed a poofy bottom lip. I noticed his lip looked shiny a few weeks ago but though I wondered why, I didn't think much of it other than it was probably a sign of his age. This weekend I inspected him a little closer and was able to touch it while he curled up with me for a nap. It is swollen. He doesn't act like it hurts but it's definitely concerning me now. After discussing with Cro we decided to make a vet appointment and watch it for the next week to see if it improves. We think it might be bacteria from his food getting wet so I disinfected his bowl and will give his moist food treat in a separate one from now on. Poor kitty. If it's bacteria he will likely have to be on antibiotics for a few days. It might be a tooth problem though. If it doesn't correct itself before his scheduled appointment with the vet I'm sure she will get to the bottom of the problem. <3 Buddy cat.

Christmas Christmas. Our office party is Thursday and I got an email from Matt proposing a movie and get-together sometime soon. Fun! :)

I plan to go to the grocery tonight if I can. I need to get another protein since I only have one catfish filet left in the fridge. I should also get a veg to go along with my meals.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's meals total 80 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 4 carbs

catfish [20g protein]

Quest bar [20g protein][4g carbs]

catfish [20g protein]

Bacon [20g protein]

6 comments:

  1. Bless the poor cats heart.. Hope it's not serious!
    Maybe he wanted some CAT fish! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure it's not life-threatening and it doesn't seem to bother him. Gotta get it checked out if it doesn't improve before his vet visit though. An ounce of prevention… Maybe he does want CAT fish. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not as good as Italy, but I'll take an office party over deadlines any day. :) Unfortunately I have both, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No! not a sick Buddy cat. Did Mr. Percy nibble when he got too close for inspection?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buddy cat doesn't act sick and the swollen lip isn't hurting him (he lets me touch it). He has an appointment with the kitty doctor Saturday though. The swelling doesn't seem to be going away so we'll have the doctor look at it.

    Percy, that bitey boy, only bit Mr. Jingles and Mr. Jingles bites me, lol. :) I usually jump a little but I allowed him to have at it this morning. I wanted to see how hard he would actually bite (hoping that I wouldn't have to be jumpy if I knew). He was enthusiastic thinking I had food but stopped when he realized that I don't taste like food. :P

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...