Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Woden's Day

Today is Woden's Day, the day of Mercury. That's much more elegant than calling it hump day. I was born on a Thursday… Thor's Day. :) The day of Jupiter with the fists full of lightening. Wikipedia is cool.

I went to the grocery last night and bought some fishies. Cat fishies to be precise. Fresh cat fishies don't stink like that flounder did and it tastes oh so good.

Another busy day. I hope it goes quickly. I'm always wishing my work week to go faster.

I read more of The Hedge Knight novella last night. It's going to be gone in the blink of an eye since it's less than 200 pages long. There are two more novellas in the series so far though so maybe that will last through a weekend or two depending on how much time I spend reading. I'm trying to savor it (little bites).

I gave critter a slice of lemon and a couple of shreds of cheese this morning as a treat. I wasn't sure if he would try the lemon but the little guy surprises me. He was intrigued (which is fun to watch) and nibbled away. I always have to give Buddy Cat a shred of cheese when I get out some for Critter. Buddy was so funny last night as he inspected the shelf where I keep all of Critter's things. It was as though he was saying "dang. Where's MY shelf of things?". Silly cat. I have to keep his treats on the top shelf of the cabinet or he would enjoy them all at once.

I roasted cauliflower last night to go with my catfish. It's not difficult to eat well. At least I think fish and cauliflower is healthy. I'm often surprised, lol.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's meals total 86 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 7 carbs

tuna [20g protein]
1 egg omega-3 rich organic [6g protein]

Quest bar [20g protein][4g carbs]

cat fish [20g protein]
cauliflower [3g carbs]

Bacon [20g protein]

6 comments:

  1. If fish and cauliflower aren't healthy, then I simply do not know what is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Animals are the most fascinating things to observe. Miss Sadie sits directly across from me on her special chair and I love to watch her sleep. Right this second she has a full belly of warm chicken and is purring so hard that her head is moving every so slightly to and fro as she squints her little eyeballs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe in bizarro world they aren't. :) I want to live in bizarro world where Nutella is healthy. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. SheZug - I want you to be Buddy's God mommy. That way if Cro and I should die unexpectedly (I hope not!) Buddy can come live with you, Sadiecat and HeZug. :P Don't worry, Matt would take him and I don't plan to croak. Okay, this message was supposed to be a compliment and a joke but turned a bit morbid and creepy. Sadie is a lucky kitty. Did you know that one of the main character's in Stephen King's new 11-23-63 novel about the JFK assassination is named Sadie? I loved that novel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be honored to take Buddy cat if something were to happen to you. It's not creepy. I'll have to check into that novel when I get my ipad or kindle (whatever Santa is bringing me). I'm already making a book list.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...