Friday, January 27, 2012

Cat food for breakfast

aberrant curl
Okay, I didn't really have cat food for breakfast but I had the same breakfast that Buddy cat had this morning. It was guilt-inducing to have him show such excitement over the smell of tuna and not to share a little bit with him. I had to laugh when I glanced in the kitchen right before I left for work and saw the treat bowl maneuvered to the middle of the entry doorway. That isn't the first time that he has scooted the empty treat bowl there (I nearly stepped in it a couple of nights ago). I think it's his way of saying "more please!".

I had an internal struggle this morning not to toss three Quest bars into my lunch pack and go. I promised self a good while ago that I wouldn't have more than one Quest bar per day. But I also hadn't made anything for my meals today. Tuna to the rescue. I don't think I would have broken my promise but I certainly struggled as I thought about it.

It's Friday! It's Friday preceding a week of vacation!! I have a large freelance project that I will be working on next week but it's still vacation. I kicked butt and will have met all of my deadlines by the end of today so I don't have to come in at all next week. There will be no pop-in projects, I can work in pajamas if I want to, and sleeping in is definitely on the agenda each day that I feel like it. No schedule. No distraction. No stress. I only wish Cro had the week off work too.

Today's meals total 80 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 2 carbs
  • albacore tuna in water [20 protein]
  • Quest bar [20 protein][2 carbs]
  • albacore tuna in water [20 protein]
  • bacon [20 protein]

6 comments:

  1. Canned cat food is the closest commercial formula to a raw diet, though most contain some light vegetables for additional nutrients.

    Canned Cat Food

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie - Yep! Yay. :)

    anieb - Thanks for the link. I don't think I'd be able to eat cat food but I'm glad the kitties are getting something fit for people too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your picture is beautiful! You look like a movie star!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...