Tuesday, January 3, 2012

frisky lobsters and Week47 begins

… my new mirror let's me see ALL
of the eyebrow hairs. I think I overdid it.
Oh, so many days to recap since I've been neglecting the blog. I'll recap our anniversary and gloss over the rest since they were mostly that, rest.

We exchanged gifts and cards with heartfelt messages on the morning of December 31st, 2011. I gifted him with a 23andme DNA kit with a year's membership to the website. They will send his DNA sample to the lab and then update his information on their website about a week later. I think I'm more excited than he is to see what it reveals. He will find out his percentage of genetic risk for 232 conditions along with drug sensitivities, ancestry, and origin (updated whenever they add new information). He gifted me with the most soft and warm fleece argyle pajamas and an unbelievably cool lighted vanity mirror.

There is a short story behind that mirror. When I was a teen I had a lighted vanity mirror that I loved and I mentioned to Cro probably a year or more ago how I miss that mirror. He remembered. Just the fact that he remembers such things blows me away. My new vanity mirror is 100 times nicer than my old one.

We went to Morton's Steakhouse for dinner. Morton's is super expensive but thankfully we had a $100 gift certificate that one of the sales reps that Cro manages gifted him for Christmas. The bill was nearly $200 but a once-per-year splurge isn't crazy.

Morton's gives a live presentation of their menu (well only the lobster was live but more about that in a moment). Everything looked so good. We ordered steak, chicken for me and yummy brussels sprouts to share for our side. I tried a bite of Cro's bone-in ribeye and it was the best steak I've ever tasted - so tender. Back to the lobster - they were parked on the presentation cart between showings and during this time they sometimes tried to escape (I don't blame them). I flagged down a waiter at one point to let him know that one of the lobsters had backed nearly off the cart and was about to fall. After repositioning the little (BIG) guy he returned to whisper to me that sometimes the frisky ones jump right off of the cart.

One of the Morton's staff came out with a camera to take an anniversary photo. :) I loved that but Cro doesn't care for having his photo taken. Ah well, it's just for us and I love it.

We were too stuffed for dessert but our waiter brought out the selection for us to choose from and insisted that we pick, saying that dessert was on the house for us. We accepted a piece of cheesecake to go but it's still in the fridge for Cro since there was no way I could eat any of it. I did eat the strawberry that came with it, lol.

And now a new week begins. I hope you all had wonderful New Year celebrations.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's meals total 76 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 11 carbs

2 Sausage meatballs [18 protein][6 carbs]

Lemon Quest bar [20 protein][2 carbs]

beef for stew (without the stew but with a small portion of Amy's Vegetable soup) [20 protein][3 carbs]

Bacon [20 protein]

3 comments:

  1. DNA - the perfect gift!
    Glad you had a great time out and about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Cro get each other the coolest gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Settling on a gift idea is always so tough. I hope he liked it!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...