Tuesday, January 3, 2012

ring in the new year!

It's a good problem to have I know, but it also makes me a little sad. My wedding ring is just as it was when I got married and I love it just as much as I did then, but I've gotten much smaller. I was 280 pounds (eek) then and am 182 now. The ring is makume gane (layered golds) and to can't be sized down without ruining the layers.

Here are photos of how I've adapted and no no no, I don't want to go back to 280 just to make my ring fit again. :P

On my ring finger it will fly off easily.
My thumb knuckle keeps in on,
but it's too annoying to wear here.
It could fly off of my pointer,
plus it is annoying on this finger.
It will fly off of this one too… but this is the one
I wear it on and I'm very careful.


4 comments:

  1. I know you've probably seen them, but they have ring snuggies for this problem, which are basically just a little piece of see-through rubber which slips on one side of your ring. I remember the girls in high school used to wind embroidery thread around their boyfriends' class rings when they were too big. That ring is gorgeous, by the way. Angie is wanting to know what kind of ring I want, and I told her that a vintage ring off etsy.com might be a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember girls wrapping their boyfriend's class rings in yarn to make them fit. I don't know why I didn't think of a ring snuggie but now that I know the name I will get one. Thanks Angie! I think a vintage ring from etsy is a great idea. You'll be able to find something very unique that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo - that's very some wess side posin'!
    What a good problem to have, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha, I guess it does look like some posin' :D

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...