Monday, January 16, 2012

smoke

Though I know I'm above the 170's today due to Saturday's freeday, I'm also confident that the freeday gain will be gone again by the end of the week. I'm over the moon thrilled to have reached the 170's again!!!

I'm working today even though the rest of the office is on holiday for MLK day. I've traded today's holiday for Feb 3rd since I have a major deadline at the end of this week. It actually feels like a holiday since I have the whole office to myself. Quiet! No interruptions! No pop-in extra work that will cause me to put aside deadlined work to get the new thing done immediately. Soooo nice. :) I'll bet tomorrow will be chaotic with everyone back in so I have to make the most of today and get lots done.

I made enough sausage meatballs to last all week for my meals (and extra for Cro too). Since I'm not eating enough of them per meal to get in my protein requirement I am adding an extra mini-meal consisting of a grass-fed angus beef burger.

I thought I would multitask this morning and left the burger to cook on medium-low while I got my shower. Oops. The house was filled with smoke when I came back upstairs.

That isn't the first (or last) time I have burned my cooking. Luckily I don't mind the taste of near-charcoal meals. ;) I did tell Cro not to worry if the house is still full of smoke when he wakes up – it's just my cooking. I did try to air things out a bit by opening a window until I left.

Today's meals total 86 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 12 carbs
  • ground beef [26 protein]
  • Quest bar [20 protein][2 carbs]
  • sausage meatballs and broccoli, cauliflower [10 protein][5 carbs]
  • sausage meatballs and broccoli, cauliflower [10 protein][5 carbs]
  • bacon [20 protein]

6 comments:

  1. By yourself at the office? How are you resisting the urge to work pantsless?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha - I wish. There are four people here and two of them are having a loud conversation now. :/ So much for quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're just testing your smoke detectors, making sure they work.. that's what I say.

    How's Buddy's lip bubble?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe. ;)

    Buddy's lip hasn't changed and still doesn't bother him and doesn't hurt. We are watching it closely. Fat lip kitty boy. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. pooor buddy!!!!
    not better YET?

    :)

    Miz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not yet, but at least he doesn't seem bothered in the slightest and it's not gotten bigger.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...