Tuesday, February 14, 2012

still here

I was "downsized" yesterday and though I am trying to maintain feelings of strength and power, I also am feeling a whole range of other not-so-positive things. This is my boot to make the working for myself thing work, right. It's scary. It's lonely. I don't know the right place to start. I can start by re-building a portfolio website that will sell my talents and update the design of my resume.

I spent yesterday making connections and updating the info in my resume just to get it out to a few people quickly, along with a multi-page pdf of work samples. A friend of a friend who is a recruiter for my type of business will be calling later today to learn more about what I have to offer.

Yeah so

At least I don't have kids like the guy that sat at the desk next to mine (which is also empty today, not that I am there to see).

I think maybe I'll go to the gym sometime today. After the recruiter calls this afternoon though.

What I'm left with:


February 13, 2012


To whom it may concern:

Tracy worked for ***** for more than 13 years as an Online Art Director. In that time she has produced exceptional work for our clients, working on everything from small email projects and online advertising campaigns to large national websites. Tracy has deep knowledge of her craft and worked tirelessly for our agency. She was almost always the first one here in the mornings and displayed a great attitude.

She was let go because our agency did not have the volume of work necessary to maintain our staffing levels. Tracy will be greatly missed for both the person she is and the quality of work she produced. If you have any questions at all, please call me at any time.  My cell phone number is *****.

Sincerely,


*****, CEO

9 comments:

  1. Wow, Tracy. That's a kick in the gut. Sorry you didn't get to go out on your own terms, but I really do think this could be a terrific opportunity for you. Here's hoping it all works out for the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jack. I'll make it work out after I pick my self-esteem up from the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I send you an email and the biggest virtual hugs ever?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I welcome the hugs and email (I'll send my address to your blog so you can delete it rather than publish.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, sorry to hear that, it's pretty shocking! I bet you do pretty good, think of all that freelance work you do! I am sending a virtual hug your way as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry, Tracy. That's soooooo.... I don't even have a word right now. It sucks, but as Jack said this could be a great opportunity. Embrace it and it may lead you to wonderful things. I hope everything works out and your work situation gets sorted out very quickly. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you SheZug and Floriana. I will do my very best to take this bull by the horns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bless your darling sweet and wonderful heart.
    I know you will find a wonderful happy ending to this!
    Be strong, my LoCarb sister!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. aw Anne, your post nearly brought tears to my eyes. A friend is a beautiful thing to have and you are one most-lovely. I'd look at the bright side but my nose is deep in the reformatting of my work. Can't look up until something is accomplished!

    Thank you for the sweet note, my blog sister. :)

    *hugs* back.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...