Wednesday, February 29, 2012

[[ WordPress ]]

I tossed some ground beef, hot ground sausage, onions, spices and a can of pureed pumpkin into the skillet. No idea if that is going to be yum or yuck but it's filled with protein and low carb so I hope it's edible. I'm roasting some cauliflower since it seems like it should go on or with something.

Today I'm working on a Wordpress site for a horror film producer client. Scary! The films. The site is sort of empty right now.

*update on the beef-sausage-onion-pumpkin-cauliflower-spices stuff: YUM!! I added a couple of ounces of Velveeta white queso cheese, mixed in the cauliflower, covered it and cooked on low stovetop for about 15 minutes. Wow, so rich and yummy. It would probably go great on top of spaghetti squash but I ate mine just as it was.

Here's what I did before I forget:
1 pound ground beef
1 pound ground spicy sausage
dash of sea salt
dash of cayenne pepper
dash of garlic powder
dash of onion powder
dash of oregano
1/2 cup of diced onion
1 can of pumpkin puree
approx 2 TBSP caramel DaVinci sugarfree syrup
16oz frozen broccoli florets
2oz Velveeta white queso cheese

30 carbs total

Brown all together on med-low heat except cheese, stirring now and then. Add cheese and stir while melts. Cover and leave on low heat for a few minutes so the cheese melts and the bottom starts to caramelize. Wow yum.

My cooking times and spice measurements are imprecise but it turned out delicious this time.

Meals today are:
Quest bar (2 carbs)
Carbsmart yogurt with a sprinkling of TVP (6 carbs)
edamame (7 carbs)
small serving of beef-sausage-onion-pumpkin-cauliflower concoction [3 carbs]
[ total for the day: 18 carbs ]

1 comment:

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...