Thursday, April 19, 2012

I paid for a month of Fresh Books yesterday. It will keep track of my invoices and allow me to create and send them as well as to easily see the total money owed to me. Yeah, I could do that all myself but I figured $20 was worth keeping me organized. It will be cool when I stop dreaming and start using the "payment received" column. I am so glad that I built up a little savings because it has eased my worry and guilt at being useless (yeah, I know that's just an irrational feeling). I should have enough to see me through until money starts flowing in rather than out. I've been building a foundation for this. Soon I'll get to see if it stands. :P

I have gotten into a bad habit of not eating enough this week. So I will make a better effort to be sure I'm getting enough protein spaced out into several small meals. Yesterday I ate only twice. A LC tuna cake in the morning and 20g protein in the form of bacon later that evening. It's easy to get so focused on work that time flies and I don't notice. If things worked like my head says they really should then eating less and missing meals should mean weight loss. For some reason it doesn't work that way for me. I lose weight when I eat the right amount of protein and keep my carbs low. Of course if I had all the answers I wouldn't still be overweight. :P But it's a lot better being in wonderland than where I was before!

Cro asked me yesterday if I'm less stressed now as opposed to when I was employed by the ad agency. Yes, I actually am MUCH less stressed, love my clients and feel appreciated by them. I hope this self-employment thing works out for me. I am happy and feel in control.

Quest protein bar (2 carbs)(20 protein)
Protein shake (6 carbs)(20 protein)
bacon (20 protein)

2 comments:

  1. Self-employment has its own issues, stresses and disadvantages, but you never have to worry about being called into someone's office and told to shut the door. There's a great deal of freedom in knowing that it's your hands on the wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least I never spoiled myself with cruise control.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...