Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Happy birthday dear Buddy!

This is Buddy Cat's 16 birthday month! He doesn't look a day over 10 :P but he doesn't seem to be as high-jumping and graceful as he used to be. Neither do I.

When I got him he was such a teeny thing. I don't know exactly which day in May he was born but I do know he was approximately 6 weeks old when I adopted him. He fit in the palm of my hand and had such a skinny tail that I was worried it might never fluff out. It did!

Buddy Cat has always been a gentle soul and not afraid to talk to us as though he knows what's best. "Purr-ow" (more food please) "Purr-ow" (more water please) "Purr-ow" (treats please) "Rwrow" (more food now!) "Rwrow" (freshen the water in my bowl now!) "Rwrow" (I want more ___ now!) "RWAHRORWHAAA" (I don't know what I want but I want whatever it is NOW!!).

He also snores, always responds when I "Purr-ow" back at him. He purrs when he's happy. He purrs when he wants something. He purrs lots. He likes to sleep on Cro's feet. Part of the nightly ritual is him getting up in Cro's face to smell his lips and ask to be allowed under the blanket. He sleeps in Cro's spot nearly all day so I'm pretty sure he is a daddy's boy. He loves me lots too though and doesn't mind when I pick him up, flip him tummy-side-up and walk around with him like he's a baby - he purrs through that and looks around at everything with interest from the new higher vantage point (not too high, I'm only 5'3"). :)

Anyway, I could go on and on with 16 years worth of memories. <3 you Buddy.

I'm working on a print piece for one client today and have arranged to have our cable turned off and DirectTV installed (cheaper to bounce when I can't get new-customer prices anymore).

Meals today:
protein shake (20 protein)(6 carbs)
tuna (18 protein)
bacon (20 protein)
2 string cheese
bacon (20 protein)
2 string cheese

4 comments:

  1. Aww, happy b-day to Buddy Cat. He sounds like a great kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww do you have any pictures of little buddy?

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...