Monday, June 18, 2012

Ads…

I thought I might try keeping closer record of what goes in my mouth this week by recording the time I eat and the exact numbers rather than rounding them to the nearest whole number. Boring stuff. :P

Cro and I watched several episodes of season two, True Blood. It's so cool to be able to watch entire seasons without advertising and without having to wait for the next episode to air. I don't think I'll be able to wait for the entire next season of Game of Thrones and so will watch it with advertising.

I do get the irony that I make my living in advertising but can't stand most of it on tv. The grande majority of television advertising seems to rely on old presumptions (like say a number at least 3 times or the viewers won't remember). Sorry ad guys but just because I've heard a phone number 3 times doesn't mean I am going to call and order something I don't want. And just because your ad is louder than the program doesn't mean it's getting my attention either. I think that it's louder because at least one of the other ads in the block is louder and the client puts on the pressure that their ad be as loud as the others.

Loud ads cause me to hit the mute button whereas I might have left the sound on otherwise. I suppose that problem isn't likely to correct itself as long as one ad in the block is loud.


This will be updated as the day progresses:
8:30am: 1 large egg microwaved, so no oils etc (6.3g protein) (.4g carbs)
10am: 70g skinless chicken breast and cauliflower (21.5 protein)(4 carbs)
2pm: 70g skinless chicken breast and cauliflower (21.5 protein)(4 carbs)
8pm: 70g skinless chicken breast and cauliflower (21.5 protein)(4 carbs)

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmmm... if you're gonna hit the mute button, then I'll just have to make the commercial even LOUDER to compensate. HA!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...