Friday, July 6, 2012

cool memories

I received a surprise phone call from a little girl who I used to babysit when I was a teen… she isn't a little girl anymore and has two children of her own, a 6-year old daughter and a 19-year-old son.

I was 11 and Shannon was likely 4 in this pic.
It was so surreal speaking to her as an adult… I could recognize her voice though it was the voice of an adult now rather than a child. She said that my voice sounds the same as she remembers. I think she was probably 8-years old the last time I saw her and I was 16. She and her family moved to Florida and we lost touch. I must have been an awesome babysitter for her to have looked me up after all this time. Babysitting was always like hanging out with a friend more than it was like taking care of a kid… I was still a kid too afterall. :)

I sent her a facebook friend request so we'll never lose touch again.

Cro and I are taking a road trip to a reptile show this weekend. Reptiles are his passion so it will be fun to see him in his element.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...