Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Fuchbau's great adventure

I don't have much time for an update so this one will be quick.

Fuchsbau (Fooks bow - rhymes with cow) went on an adventure this morning when I was making progress with Jagerbar (yay-grr-bar). Gerber was allowing me to pet her, which is the next big step to me handling her on my terms rather than her climbing all over and nibbling my fingers.

Anyway, Fooks jumped right onto my shoulder and shimmied down my side. With my hands full with Gerber I wasn't able to usher her back into the habitat. Before I was able to get Gerber to let me go Fooks had made a break for the floor.

Buddy cat was a big help in letting me know where she went. He wasn't concerned with trying to eat her, (yay Buddy!). He just followed her into the foyer and kept his distance, but a watchful eye.

I shut the habitat door so that Gerber wouldn't be on the loose too and followed Buddy to retrieve Fooks. She wasn't afraid of me but isn't to the point where she goes to me when she is afraid either. I was able to get her after a good 5-minutes of freedom by offering a pouch. The pouch IS something that she goes to for safety.

Excitement over.

And now I have a LOT of work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...