Friday, March 22, 2013

taxes… ick!!!

Friday is finally here!

I worked on a website for my newest custom home builder most of the day yesterday. I was finally satisfied with everything and sent it for client review at 3pm. And for the next 5 hours I took a stroll through this year's filing taxes hell.

This is my first year of freelance work and since I didn't splurge for an accountant I was stuck doing it all myself. Sheesh… or maybe I should emphasize that… SHEESH! TAXES! UGH!!!

I'd been dreading this for weeks as April crept a little closer so I'm SO HAPPY to have it done and over with. My reward for five hours of sorting through stacks of invoices, receipts and all of the other paperwork to back up income and deductions is that I ended up with my FIRST TIME EVER situation of ending the year owing taxes. That's right, no refund for poor me this year.

Good thing that I did expect this from the very beginning and have been putting cash away in a separate account just for this purpose. It is still heart-breaking to bid that money adieu (or a-DUE is more like it). It's also depressing to not have a refund to look forward to.

Ah well. Get over it.

I'm headed to the grocery. I'm tired of several days without meat. That wasn't on purpose, I just didn't have much to throw together for meals. I think I'm going to make this cabbage casserole with ground beef. It looks so good!



BIKED
[10 minutes][2 miles]

ATE
(60-90 grams protein and <30 grams carbs per day is ideal for me)
nothing yet (need to go to grocery)

5 comments:

  1. Let us know how the casserole turns out. I love ground beef and cabbage!!! Yeah, I'm not looking forward to taxes this year! I've made my estimated payments, but since 2012 was better than ever financially (not a bad thing), I am sure to owe in more than I paid. I'm impressed that you are doing them on your own!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The casserole turned out yummy. The only thing I would change is to half the amount of tomato sauce and water since beef and cabbage don't absorb much.

    Grats on your better financial year. I didn't make estimated payments this year (so had to pay a tiny penalty which wasn't a big deal). When I did this several years ago and had an accountant, he had me doing estimated payments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks good! I hate having to pay taxes all at once as a business owner, but at least HeZug plans for it and sets money aside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. did my comment go through? weird things happening on my computer....

    ReplyDelete
  5. It went through. Now get to that vacation fun. I can't wait to read all about it. :D

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...