Friday, March 1, 2013

when things go bonkers…

… stay calm.

A Wordpress site that I've been working on had a plugin bomb. It is called "Dashboard Maintenance Mode" so if any of you create Wordpress sites, avoid that one like the plague that it is. In short, after I turned off the plugin it continued to show the site in Maintenance Mode. So I deleted the plugin all-together. Still stuck in Maintenance Mode. After going through loads of attempts and Googling for answers… still stuck. I deleted the theme completley… still stuck. I deleted the child theme… still stuck. I changed themes just to see… still stuck. I finally solved the problem through FTP, viewing invisible items and deleting the file called ".maintenance". That worked but then I spend a couple of hours reinstalling, uploading the backup and then manually combing through each page to make sure all was well. Grumble. Grumble. Grumble. (I'd grumble like the possums if I could).

At least all is good now.

Frustrating day! Oh, and the peddle fell off of my new recumbent bike. What else? I will call and have them send a new part. Cro says the crank bar that the peddle screws into is stripped.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's meals will total _ protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and _ carbs

chili
CarbQuick ice cream
chili

1 comment:

  1. Wordpress crap can be a pain in the you-know-what.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...