Thursday, May 23, 2013

Kitty Alzheimers

Below are some observation videos of Buddy Cat. I think I told you about how he would go into the bathroom, face the new shower and howl like he was upset.

The howling has progressed to a daily thing now and not just at the new shower. Cro has also seen him develop a new habit of pawing at the water in his bowl. (Maybe he can't see if there is water in there and so is checking with a paw?)

After being frustrated with the howling (which is quite bad) we have come up with several theories as to the reason which include everything from him being spoiled to it being a symptom of his old age.

I have started getting up in the middle of the night when he begins to howl to put him in "time out" (I put him downstairs where it's still climate controlled and carpeted just like the rest of the house).

Here are a few vids. I have yet to get one Got One! of his horrible howls… it is the last video on this post.


Hey, here comes some moist food. So happy and excited!!! Stop filming and give me the food already!
video


Finished eating. Yeah, I put a fresh paper towel under his moist food since he is very messy. :) He starts to be vocally upset with his water as he drinks near the end of the video.
video


Finished drinking… finally. He drinks for a VERY long time now. 5 minutes or so straight drinking.
video


His "Princess and the Pea" style pillows so he can nap beside my desk as I work. :)
video

*update: I caught some of the horrible howls. Audio at least! From the sound you would think he is being tortured but I assure you he is just standing by himself in the next room making noise for reasons unknown.
video





FOOD–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– - - -
(60-90 grams protein and <30 grams carbs per day is ideal for me)

stuffed peppers

BIKE–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– - - -
[20 minutes]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...