Friday, September 20, 2013

craving

I'm not usually influenced by advertising since ads are my profession and I disdain hard-sell tactics (which most television ads have to be, given the short amount of time they have to convince you to open your wallet. However! An ad for bacon-wrapped ham that I saw last night has me craving bacon-wrapped ham, or just plain ham deli slices. The ad failed btw because I don't remember who was trying to entice me to buy bacon-wrapped ham. I only know that I MUST have some deli meat and deli cheese layers and made into a lettuce-wrap sandwich.

I did google bacon-wrapped ham hoping to find that exact item that I saw on television last night. I didn't find it though a lot of recipes came up. Among the recipes I saw one for bacon-wrapped Smokey Links. Hmm, that sounds excellent. I wouldn't make it as directed since it called for a brown sugar glaze but I think just plain smokey links wrapped in bacon and baked would be delicious.

Loki licking his chops after his lunch.
video


Insidious 2 with Matt was lots of fun. We both agreed that the first Insidious was better but 2 was enjoyable.

Today is the day after hell day and it's actually very quiet for a change. It's nice. My food truck client got some great press and wanted me to update their website with the article. Done.

I'm going to Office Depot in a few in order to send an iPod Shuffle that Cro filled with 60's music to my mom. She likes to listen to music on the Shuffle while doing her daily walk. She specified that although she loves Elvis, she is tired of his music (over listened). She also hates the Beatles and doesn't care for Eric Clapton. Here are a few of the 60's songs that I chose:

The Kingsmen - Louie Louie
Dusty Springfield - Son of a Preacher Man
The Kinks - You Really Got Me
Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made for Walking
Marvin Gaye - I Heard it through the Grapevine
The Shangri-Las - Leader of the Pack
The Who - My Generation
The Ronettes - Be My Baby
The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
The Jackson Five - I Want You Back

Neil Young - Cinnamon Girl
The Zombies - She's Not There
Johnny Cash - Ring of Fire
Isley Brothers - Twist and Shout
The Rolling Stones - Jumping Jack Flash
The Bee Gees - To Love Somebody
Del Shannon - Runaway
Cher - Bang Bang
Etta James - I'd Rather Go Blind
The Animals - House of the Rising Sun

The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
Patsy Cline - Crazy
The Miracles - The Tracks of My Tears
The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody
Ike & Tina Turner - River Deep Mountain High
The Rolling Stones - I Can't Get No Satisfaction
The Byrds - I'd Feel a Whole Lot Better
The Kinks - Waterloo Sunset
The Monkees - Last Train to Clarksville
James Brown - Papa's Got a Brand New Bag

This video obviously isn't the 60's version but Cher looks so great!


My Meals:
- Carbmaster yogurt with chopped cashews
- sausage meatballs
- ?


2 comments:

  1. There is a new (or at least I think it's new) product that looks like hot dogs only it says Smokey on it... I forget the brand... It has only one carb per dog! They taste really good, too. Kind of like smokey links, only bigger.

    I had some deli meat last night in my salad... must be in the air!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the air - Cloudy With a Chance of Deli Meat. :)

    I will look for the 1-carb smokey dogs next time I go to the store. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...