Monday, September 23, 2013

getting my fix, getting Loki "fixed" and fixing pumpkin soup

Oh, and fixing a boo-boo on some banner ads from Friday. Doh! Fixed. I saved the Flash file with the code layer marked as hidden. Since I had also checked for hidden layers not to be included in output, the code was left out. Fixed!

I took Loki to the the vet so he could be "fixed". Though I'd argue that the term "fixed" is so totally inappropriate. There is nothing broken, he is as he was made. Unfortunately the whole sex thing isn't a part of life's joys that he is going to experience. He doesn't get to make kittens and so is off to be "fixed". Modified is a more accurate description.

I asked if he would be grumpy or in pain afterward and the vet said that no, usually kittens wake up bouncy and happy and without any pain at all. That's good. Though I'm still worrying about the little guy. I pick him up this evening. I don't like that he has to be confined in a strange place for several hours before and after the procedure.

The vet is going to implant a microchip while he is out as well as give him a rabies and a distemper vaccine.

The next fix of the day is me getting my fix. I was craving ham and bacon sandwiched between two slices of cheese. I got that as well as things to fix yummy pumpkin soup! I love pumpkin soup and when I read this recipe on a fellow low-carber's blog I had to make a trip to Trader Joe's.

I first sauteed diced celery, onion and diced pre-cooked chicken breasts. After all of that was hot I poured in the pumpkin soup and ta-da! Yum!

Cro is feeling under the weather today so I got him some creamy tomato soup and soup crackers. I hope that helps him feel a little better.

My Meals:
- 2 slices of ham and 2 slices of colby/swiss
- pumpkin soup
- pumpkin soup
- slice of colby-jack



2 comments:

  1. I love your take on the procedure as "modifying" rather than "fixing" him. Poor Loki, not fun for him but he will be a better companion after. He is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...