Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Big Guns

Loki is now on the "big guns" antibiotic. He gets half of a pill every 24 hours for 10 days (beginning last night). That little sweety has been sneezing more and more since being off of the more gentle antibiotic. He doesn't show any knowledge at all that his boy parts have been altered. His personality is just as hyper as ever.

So, what is the difference between a big guns antibiotic and the one the vet tried on him first? A big guns antibiotic is much more likely to work if an antibiotic is the solution. It also comes with risk of severe side effects, including irreversible blindness. The risk is very very small, but still it's such a severe side effect that good vets use it with great caution.

What this means for Loki is that it will either clear up his URI (upper respiratory infection) or not. If not, the vet said he will simply have to be on daily Lycine for the rest of his life. Lycine is an amino acid dietary supplement. From what I've read, daily Lycine supplementation can take a month or two before it builds up enough in the cat's system to be effective.

Loki, Loki, Loki. My blog has turned into the kitty cat report. ;)

The survey guy is supposed to be here today to do our elevation certificate survey. I really hope this will save us some money. Our insurance agent tells me that we will still be in the AE flood zone, but the mortgage lender automatically requires the deepest level (most expensive) insurance unless I have documented proof that we are at a higher elevation than in the middle of the river (okay, I ad-libbed that, but seriously).
 
I got a call from the food truck website client this morning and a call from the small agency client a few minutes ago. The food truck guy is away from the office and needed to be reminded how to log-in to his website to update the menu for the day. The small agency client has a few revisions and questions regarding the imminent launch of their latest cross-media marketing campaign. I quoted a flip-book style e-magazine last night and got a request for my bio from that client.

Today's Meals:
- Dreamfield's rotini
- pork rinds with cream cheese to dip
- dunno (I need to go to the grocery)

3 comments:

  1. Hoping little Loki will do well with this "big gun" antibiotic....

    I sometimes forget how to log into my sites myself! #firstworldproblems

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too… on both counts. I keep a notebook with all sorts of site logins just in case I forget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope Loki feels better soon. Abby's been sneezing up a storm here too, but I think it's because the house is so dusty from the construction work. I am trying to keep the bedroom and kitchen dust free, but it's hard with these boys tracking it all back in.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...