Monday, October 7, 2013

boo

Wow, the weekend goes fast.

I worked most of the day yesterday to get a project done for the large agency client. They had a quick turn on this one.

Matt emailed to let me know the film fest site files will be trickling in to me this week. The launch date for that site is Friday the 18th, so I know what I'm going to be doing in between things for the next two weeks. :)

Loki sporting his new soft nail caps.
No more scratching people (until they come off).
October is speeding through like it has no business doing. I want to visit the hair salon prior to that court date regarding my non-paying client. I guess it won't hurt to look a bit more presentable that day so a fresh cut and color is in order. Court is only two and a half weeks away. Although I'm not looking forward to that day I AM looking forward to having it behind me. Another life experience as a grown up. *sigh*

Loki is so regimented in his eating and he is relentless in pestering me to wake up even if I'm not ready to do so. Cro and I visited PetSmart Saturday to get him more Lysine supplements. The vet tells me that he will need to be on those for life if this big gun antibiotic doesn't work. His little inner eyelid has mostly gone back to it's proper position but he is still sneezing. He eats the new Lycine supplements up whereas he had to be tricked to eat the ones the vet had initially provided. The vet supplements were crunchy so I just crumbled them into his food. The ones from PetSmart are chewy and apparently taste good.

Cro made a special hunt to find a surprise for me last Friday. He saw someone enjoying some pumpkin spice almonds while he was at work. He went to multiple stores without success and finally had to look online. Success! He found a grocery that is more oriented to selling bulk to restaurants and they had it (and not in bulk). They are super yummy, pumpkin-cinnamony and low carb too. Cro is so sweet to me! He also found that this store sells gyro meat and naan wraps so that's what he had for dinner last night. It smelled wonderful.

My Meals:
- pumpkin spice almonds (so good!)
- savory pumpkin bake (also so good!)
- Dreamfield rotini with cheese powder (made me feel more solid. I was feeling a bit incorporeal like a ghost fading away due to working half of my weekend. yeah I'm silly, lol).

6 comments:

  1. I love pumpkin! I was at Trader Joe's yesterday and everything was pumpkin this and pumpkin that. I've never seen so many pumpkin items before. Unfortunately most of them were high in carbs, sugar, fat and calories. Pumpkin almonds sound good...do you know where Cro got them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pumpkin too. He found them at GFS Marketplace, which I'd never heard of even though they just opened one close to us. If you can't find them, cinnamon almonds taste similar. It's a limited edition product called Planters Pumpkin Spice Almonds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I just Googled "Pumpkin Spice Almonds" and chose Google Images. Blue Diamond has a pumpkin spice almond too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might have to make a trip to Trader Joe's to check out the pumpkin themed things. I bought a small pumpkin for decoration, but HeZug wants me to cook it. I've never cooked a pumpkin! I have a can of pumpkin puree, maybe I can trick him.

    Does Loki let those nail caps stay on? I tried it with Abby when she was a baby and she ripped them right off. It's hard to even calm her enough to trim her nails. This is the moment I wonder why I like Torities so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The front ones are staying on very well and he even climbs to the top of his kitty tower with them, no problem. I giggle a little when I see him sharpening his "nails". Plastic caps don't sharpen, silly kitty. Loki is very versed in having his nails trimmed once per week (I guess it's just routine that he is accustomed to). We had to use the "kitty off switch" hold on him when putting on the back nails because he was done with holding still. The back nails didn't last too long but he didn't hold still long enough for the glue to set. I much prefer this to being scratched, lol. Kittens have sharp little daggers! Buddy was declawed but we decided not to do that to Loki.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and speaking of pumpkins… Cro asked if I was trying to chop into a pumpkin with a dull knife when I told him about cutting myself while making homemade pumpkin soup. Um no, it wasn't THAT homemade. I used canned pumpkin puree.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...