Tuesday, January 14, 2014

flash in the pan

It's supposedly 41° today but it is so dreary-looking out there it just seems cold. Yeah, 41º IS cold but taking into consideration that we just came off of a -17° winter storm, 41 should feel like spring.

So I worked all day Sunday and worked most of the day yesterday on that same project. It was approved by their client (they are an ad agency). All of the challenges, the rush, the approval and now there is nothing to do but watch it go.

It made me reflect upon how in this business of advertising we work on pieces of art that are very finite in their existence. The online display ads will likely run for a week or two and then it's on to the next thing. It made me a little sad to know that most of the things I've created in my life had limited life cycles. There are still a dozen or two active and ongoing things but most are like those banner ads. I pour my creativity into things to be seen and then gone. I suppose sand-castle artists feel this even more. We are driven to create.

I should just be happy that I'm paid to do what I love… even if it's something so impermanent. I guess everything is impermanent in the end. And that thought will lead me to dark waters so I'll just admire the shooting stars and be happy.

Meals today:
- browned ground beef and sausage mix
- roasted broccoli
- 5carbs worth of red beans
- Cinnamon-vanilla protein shake with a spoon of coconut oil mixed in
- browned ground beef and sausage mix
- roasted broccoli
- 5carbs worth of red beans

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, I feel a bit dense since I don't get it. Rent our socks? Enlighten me to what that means. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...