Thursday, January 30, 2014

low carb (better than) Chick-fil-a nuggets

I ate 8 or so of this serving for lunch. :D
I made these and they are SO GOOD!!! Out of this world, unbelievably good. :) I was skeptical regarding the pickle juice brine, but it only served to make the chicken super moist and tender and NOT taste like pickles. :P

Here is what I used:

• marinade: 1/4 cup pickle juice for an hour (or 4 hours if you want pickle taste but I don't like pickles. The pickling juice acts as a brine and makes the chicken moist and tender)

• drain the pickle juice (I also rinsed it with a bit of water… like I said, skeptical of the pickle juice)
• mix in 2 eggs and toss (I used my hands)

• mix the items below into either a large plastic bag or a plastic container with lid.
1 cup coconut flour: 24carbs
1 tsp paprika: 1 carb
1 tsp oregano: 1 carb
1/4 tsp garlic powder: .5 carbs
optional - 1/2 tsp Adobo seasoning: 0carbs
optional - 1/2 tsp Weber chicken seasoning (Dehydrated Garlic, Salt, Dehydrated Onion, Spices, Orange Peel, Paprika (Color), Red Pepper, Dehydrated Green Bell Pepper)

Use tongs to move each piece of chicken from the egg wash to the container. Once full enough close the lid and shake shake shake.

Heat oil (I used vegetable oil but coconut oil, lard or other high heat oil is good.

Use tongs to set each piece of coated chicken into the hot oil. Cook 4 minutes and flip and cook until nice color. I think it was 4 minutes again and then one last flip and 2 more minutes.

Use tongs to move finished chicken to paper towels to drain.

Yum!!!

This made 40 pieces for me and there was lots of egg left in the egg wash bowl and lot of the flour mixture left in the shaking bowl. I'd say after calculating what didn't stick to the nuggets, my finished product was 20 carbs for the total batch. So 5 carbs per 10 pieces (which is what I ate for lunch).

And here are the pics!





1 comment:

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...