Wednesday, February 12, 2014

boiled eggies (adding "ies" makes them cute)

I wanted to boil eggs in a manner that the shells could be easily removed. I have read that Tim Ferris can crack both ends and remove a tiny bit of shell in order to blow into one of the holes and catch the egg in his hand. Didn't work for me. Blowing didn't help other than to make my lips taste like boiled eggs.

I have also read that adding baking soda to the water before boiling will make the shell slip off easily. I didn't have baking soda. Lastly I read to add a tiny bit of oil and to start the eggs in cold water, heat it to a boil and then turn off the heat. I did that and let them sit in the hot water for 20 minutes to finish cooking. I then rinsed with cold water and added ice (another recommendation) before letting them sit again for 10 minutes or so. The shells didn't just fall off but they didn't stick to the egg either. It wasn't too hard to remove. Crack and peel, baby!

Meals today:
- 2 boiled eggs
- a bowl of chili (made by Cro)
- 2 Dove dark chocolates (3.5 carbs each)

2 comments:

  1. I heard older eggs peel easier too. I cheat, I buy the already boiled ones at Costco now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Cheater! ;) Now I must plan a trip to Costco. *whistles and walks away*

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...