Friday, February 14, 2014

wheels and rings

The sugar gliders were given a boiled egg in their meal last night. Judging from what was left the next morning, they loved it. I had cut it into six sections. The next morning I found only 2 small pieces of egg white with little nibbles all around the edges left over. They ate ALL of the yolk.

Cro bought a saucer wheel made for sugar gliders and though I haven't seen them use it, it is apparent they have. The wheel is inset with emery pads to keep their nails trimmed.

I played around developing a 3D printed ring prototype for Cro and it should be here in a few weeks. It will be fun to actually handle a prototype that can give us both ideas for future designs.

I'm amazed that printers are now available that can print in 3D and that can print in metal as well as plastic. So cool. I have an idea for a vertical mesh wheel for the sugar gliders and 3D printing a prototype is just the ticket. 3D modeling is the next skill I want to add to my bag of tricks. It's like a real-life Star Trek replicator thingy. Sort of. :P



Meals today:
- 2 boiled eggs
- a bowl of chili (made by Cro)

2 comments:

  1. You're so smart that it makes my head hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about that… I just find so many things interesting and want to know how to do it too. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...