Monday, June 2, 2014

MS sucks. Low carb to the rescue.

In a very serious attempt to chase away these MS symptoms I've been seeing build-up over the past year, I am going to dedicate myself to very low carb meals Sunday - Friday for as many weeks as it takes to start feeling better. Those of you who are already on VERY low carb diets know how much better it makes us feel and having done so many times in the past, I know this is what I need to do to get as much of my balance back as I can. I'm seriously headed toward a mobility problem with my balance causing a walking impairment if I don't do something. Right now I just walk very carefully and slower than the average gal.

So, VERY LOW CARB to the rescue! And back to normal low carb after I start feeling better and can walk without fear of tripping over nothing. I'm much too young to have to walk this carefully.

Meals this week:

Sunday (total 9.3g carbs)
boiled egg (.6g carbs)
boiled egg (.6g carbs)
bacon (0g carbs)
boiled egg (.6g carbs)
1 blueberry (because I wanted a handful of blueberries. One is better) (.5g carbs?)
protein shake (water and two scoops of EAS chocolate whey protein powder - 7g carbs)
6oz steak with a dash of salt (0g carbs)

Monday (total 9.4g carbs)
boiled egg (.6g carbs)
boiled egg (.6g carbs)
protein shake (water and two scoops of EAS chocolate whey protein powder - 7g carbs)
boiled egg (.6g carbs)
6oz steak with a dash of salt (0g carbs)
boiled egg (.6g carbs)

And a few bullets of other news:
  • The shed is gone (see last post, hurrah).
  • Spring is finally here (or is it summer yet… it finally warm enough to be called a proper spring)
  • Loki is all good and has decided that the best place to sleep at night is in the crook of my arm. I am unable to move much while accommodating his preferred sleeping spot, but I think I'm nearly used to it. The things we do for our fur babies!
  • Freelance is steadily busy and my work-stress levels are manageable
  • Game of Thrones tonight! We weren't able to watch it last night but it's on the DVR
  • Matt and I have been going to see a movie nearly every week for the past several. Godzilla began our movie-going season, then last week was X-men Days of Future Past, this week is Maleficent and next week I think we are going to try to see Jodorowsky's Dune.Maybe that will be it for awhile.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...