Monday, June 16, 2014

whew

I worked 10 hours yesterday but at least had the entire Saturday off work. My avalanche project took only 18 hours rather than my projected 22, but 10 of that was Sunday and at my weekend rate so worth the loss of half the weekend. Maybe. I felt that Cro's weekend was probably compromised by my working. Today I'm spending with my ear tuned to the phone for any revisions. Nothing yet but since they were reportedly due to publication at noon, I expect to hear something very soon.

I'm excited to try making mini crustless quiches inspired by another blogger who many of us likely greatly admire. Shelly at The World According to Eggface. I thought this might be a good way to get in some of those eggs. I with I loved eggs as much as Angie does, but I tire of them boiled, scrambled and otherwise plain and I don't like mustard so have avoided deviled eggs. Cro tells me that mustard isn't a usual ingredient in deviled eggs for him. Hmm, I will have to look up some mustardless deviled egg recipes.

Meals:

Sunday:
- protein shake, beef for stew on top of 1/2 cup Dreamfield's rotini (it doesn't raise my blood sugar if done in small amount and heated the way the packaging says, though I hear it does for others).
- peanuts (12 carbs)

Monday:
- 4 mini crustless quiches made with eggs, cheddar, ground turkey and diced red pepper (2.4 carbs)
- I don't know yet, but low carb for sure
- 3 more mini crustless quiches (1.8 carbs)
- three 1-inch pieces of beef for stew
- peanuts (12 carbs)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carb counts (minus fiber) for the mini crustless quiches:
1 medium red bell pepper: 5 carbs
5 medium eggs: 3 carbs
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese:  approx 3 carbs
1/2 lb ground turkey
1 tsp caraway seeds: 1 carb
salt
black pepper
garlic salt

I got 20 mini quiches so they are .6 carbs each.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...