Thursday, August 21, 2014

AIP - day 11 of 30

Sweet Potato & Beet Hashbrowns
Cro helped turn the flank steak I had been marinating into a delicious unburnt meal. I was convinced by a few recipes and how-to articles that I was not-exactly-following that I should cook it unrolled on the stovetop on high heat for 3 minutes per side. He convinced me otherwise and agreed to cook it while I watched and learned. :) It was very good, not burnt and there are leftovers enough that I will be eating it for lunch or dinner again today.

My marinade was the juice from 1 lime, 2 tbsp of coconut amino, 3 cloves of minced garlic, half cup of olive oil and a few dashes of sea salt. I let it marinade overnight.

This morning I think I need to use the beets I bought last week. I might shred them with sweet potato and try to make it like this link using a small bit of coconut oil.

*update on the hashbrowns: They didn't hold together (but without anything to bind them that is no surprise. They were good though. I simply grated a sweet potato and a beet, heated some coconut oil and browned the grated mix for 3 minutes or so on each side. Sea salted it and that's that. This AIP thing wouldn't be so bad if I could add a few things that I miss such as spices, peppers, eggs, butter, cheese, almonds, and Mio water enhancer. I'm used drinking plain water now but miss being able to have a Splenda or stevia-sweetened option.

A new toy and a sunbeam. Kitty life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...