Wednesday, August 27, 2014

AIP - day 17 of 30

Seventeen days and I'm pretty used to drinking only water now (and actually crave water, so that's good). It has been fun being able to add a few things to my diet that I normally would avoid with low carb. I see myself soon going back to low carb while keeping a few of the things I've learned from AIP. I can still do AIP while avoiding the higher carb items like the one I made yesterday—yuca. Avoiding dairy for the most part also is a good idea for me. Coconut milk is making a great substitution but cheese and butter are still things I miss. Cheese was already on my "sometimes food" list and it will remain an infrequent visitor to my plate. Butter though… I'm not yet convinced. That will have to be one of the things I try to add back in and see how it goes. Peppers first though. :) 13 more days before my first add-in anyway.

Yuca is a big woody root that tastes lots like potato but is deadly (so I've read) if eaten before it has been cooked sufficiently to break down the cyanide. Yikes. After sufficient cooking it turns into a doughy consistency that can be stuffed with yummy things like mashed sweet potato, onion and bacon (I browned the remaining prosciutto). Here is the AIP recipe I followed and never mind that I cut into a finger while trying to remove the bark-like outer peel off my yuca. Why do I always get so light headed at the sight of blood? No I didn't get any on the yuca.

Here's a pic of my finished perogies. I made enough for a couple of meals.

Work is still busy but I finished one website and a few Flash banner ads this week. More banner ads and another website are in the pipeline.

Matt and I are going to see Sin City 2 later this week. Fun.

Cro surprised me with a fun little gadget to spiral cut veggies. I'll have to get some zucchini soon to try this on.

An article that I want to keep because it echoes much of what I think works for me. Jack Osbourne: High fat low-carb ketogenic Paleo diet helps multiple sclerosis


No comments:

Post a Comment

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...