Thursday, August 14, 2014

AIP - day 4 of 30

Oooh, the best meal I've had so far on AIP is a serving of Cro's pulled pork (no sauce) with a side of parsnip fries. It seriously took me longer to cut the parsnips into fries than it did to bake them… but I will be having these again sometime.

Busy busy busy today (and yesterday!!! and tomorrow!!!) but the weekend is nearing and I get to see a movie with Matt this evening.

I think we have finally found the brand of grain-free adult canned food that Loki likes. He has been refusing so many brands that I thought we were going to have to give up on grain-free and let him transition from Fancy Feast kitten food to Fancy Feast adult food. He has started eating some of the EVO dry kibble but wouldn't have it when we tried and tried to get him to eat the EVO canned food too. If cats had thumbs he would give EVO canned food two thumbs down. Two dew claws down? lol

It's a pain that we have several cans of EVO that he won't eat but I'll take it to Matt to since he regularly feeds several downtown stray cats on his block. I gave him all of Loki's other rejected canned foods last week. We had several unopened cans of Wilderness and I don't remember the brand of the other one (oh, Cro says it was called Source).

So the winner of the Loki picky eating challenge? Cro bought a few cans of a grain-free canned food called CORE and he seems to like it (day 3 and he is still eating it). I think the grain-free food just has a texture that is unappealing to him but CORE seems to be a bit "grainier" in texture even though it is grain-free.

This reminds me of the "Hay Mikey! He likes it!" advertisement I saw when I was a kid. I don't remember what Mikey liked other than it was some sort of breakfast cereal.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe Cheerios or chex? Is EVO the brand with avocado in it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think so. Cro says it does have some veggies in it but I don't know about avocado.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...