Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Pain Tuesday

I walked with careful shuffling steps through the pitch dark, making my way to a 4am bathroom visit scheduled by my bladder. I walk carefully because I have MS and I need to shuffle my steps because of a clingy little kitty named Loki. He decided he wasn't going to be shuffled forward at one point and so I did what I had to do in order to not step on him. I twisted my ankle and fell, apparently twisting my knee as well.

goose-egg ankle

normal ankle

As I lay there in immense pain I hear an "Ought oh" from Cro followed by "Are you okay?" I reassured him that I didn't think I broke my ankle and after a not-so quick self-assessment accompanied by a few pitiful noises I said that no, it definitely was not broken. He asked if I tripped on the rug.  lol no. I tripped in an effort to not step on an immovable Loki. The cute thing was Loki was audibly worried about me. He made several deep MEOWs as he paced back and forth at my feet until I called to him and gave a pat and some reassurance.

This morning I have a giant goose-egg on the ankle that was twisted but my knee is giving the most pain. I looked but didn't see swelling. I can tell it's swollen and warmer than normal now.

I have to get off the computer, stretch out and elevate my ankle/knee. Hope both are closer to normal tomorrow.

And all this complaining makes me feel like a whiner. Anne has been going through so much worse and actually did break a bone. I can't imagine the pain you are having, Anne.

[carbs]
------
[ 2g ] bullet-proof tea with Stevia-sweetened dark cocoa (I felt like a martyr as I made this cup of tea. It's so difficult to walk today!)
-----
[ .5g ] a slice of ham and pinch of shredded cheddar
-----
[ 20g ] chili with cream cheese (yuck, cream cheese doesn't go well with chili)

=====Total 22.5 carbs=====

No comments:

Post a Comment

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...