Thursday, September 10, 2015

burn

Sorry for my absence this week. Cro was able to get vacation days and so I'm enjoying the fact that he is home! I have multiple deadlines and need to work as usual but it feels like a holiday anyway just because he is home. Being self-employed can be lonely.

Poor Loki jumped onto a HOT pan I'd set in the sink to cool (I know, he's always getting into trouble). It took me awhile to realize what must have happened. Cats are good at hiding when they are hurt.

It was pretty obvious something was wrong when he obsessed licking one of his forelegs until he'd worried a long strip of hair completely off. Cro was the first to notice something was wrong with his leg, way before he'd stripped it of hair. He said the hair felt stiff and crinkly. That's when I new he must have a burn.

We kept an eye on it in case we should involve the vet and cleaned it with hydrogen peroxide for several days in a row. It took nearly two weeks but his hair is regrowing and he isn't obsessed with licking it anymore.

BUT, the little guy will wake from a sound sleep, frantic and ready to run until he realizes he is safe. He's been doing this every since we noticed the hurt leg. I think he is having nightmares of what it felt like to be burned. Hopefully the nightmares will fade away soon and he will stay out of the sink!

[carbs]
------
[ 2g ] bullet-proof tea with Stevia-sweetened dark cocoa
-----
[ 10g ] salsa chili
-----
[ 10g ] salsa chili

=====Total 0 carbs=====

No comments:

Post a Comment

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...