Friday, December 11, 2015

howdy

Okay. *smack* *smack* get back on track! With blogging that is.

It's Friday and I usually take the weekend off blogging so I guess this isn't the perfect day to re-commit to typing out my thoughts, but as a long-time weight-loss blogger I know the old adage "the best time to start is now"!

I've been doing an egg-fast a few days per week to lose some weight before the holiday. Since I'm not a fan of eggs it's more like a fast-fast (no eat fast) when I can't stomach another egg. And I know the no-eat fasts don't help me to lose! >:[ whereas an egg-fast done properly DOES bring the pounds off for me quickly.

*sigh* If only my throat didn't begin to close at the thought of another egg. I actually DO love adding an egg and pat of grass-fed butter to my hot tea every morning. So that's one egg-fat combo meal taken care of. The next ones I can get through okay if it's the first day. The second day is tough to make myself swallow but after day three. Ick… Urk… NO. Well that's where I am today anyway.

Here's a couple of egg-fast "recipes" that have helped me get through day one and two.

An egg-fast is 1 egg, 1 tbsp butter, optional 1oz real cheese per egg. Minimum of 6 eggs per day.

Egg-fast pancakes:
1 egg, 1 tbsp butter, 1oz cream cheese whipped together with a small dash of DaVinci SF syrup and a dash of ground cinnamon. Pan fry like pancakes. No pic but I usually roll them up and eat them quickly since they are so thin.

Egg-fast muffins:
8 eggs, 8tbsp butter, 8oz cream cheese whipped together. I also added a dash of garlic powder. Put in mini (or regular) muffin tins and bake at 350 for 20 minutes or so.

The pic shows this made in a mini-muffin pan. 6 mini muffins equaled 1egg, 1TBSP butter, 1oz cream cheese.

They refrigerate well.

Egg-fast egg puffs:
4 egg whites whipped until stiff peaks form. 4oz sharp cheddar cheese (grated or finely shredded). Carefully fold cheese into egg whites. 4 egg yolks. Make four mounds of the egg white/cheese mixture. Make an indention in the top of mound and add an egg yolk to each. Bake at 350 for 6 minutes (give or take but not so long that the yolks become stiff, a little runny is best). Top each with 1tbsp butter, salt and pepper. *the pic is before I baked them


Lookup the Egg-fast Stall Breaker facebook forum or Google it if you want more info.



[carbs]
------
[ 2g ] BPT (bullet-proof tea)
-----
[ 2g ] 1 egg, 1tbsp KerryGold butter, 1oz sharp cheddar
-----
[ 0g ] dunno but no eggs!

=====Total _ carbs=====

No comments:

Post a Comment

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...