Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Tax time and more lettuce wraps

Did I grumble lots last year when it was tax time? I'm sure I did. It still sucks.

I suppose I should celebrate the fact that I made as much with my freelance as Cro did with his 9-5 gig. But na, I'll still grumble. Freelance taxes are lots more harsh than employee taxes. Why is that? I have to do all the work and don't get benefits like an employee usually does. When it's a holiday, it's never a paid holiday for me. When I'm sick there are no paid sick days. There are no paid vacation days. There is no paid insurance and no year-end bonus.

But, I wouldn't trade it. I don't have to worry about being laid off, let go, downsized, whatever.

I just have to keep doing good work that makes my clients happy. That makes me happy too.

I'm making chicken lettuce wraps again and once again, will eat it on spinach leaves because I have no lettuce.

Oh yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...