Thursday, April 21, 2016

redo is a funny sounding word

Ugh, I had to recreate two of my HTML5 banners ads from scratch because Adobe Edge Animate is such a sensitive beast to revisions. For example, I needed to add more time and swap out one graphic. Adding more time was fine, but adding the needed new graphic caused an unrecoverable error. Even moving something 1 pixel would cause it to crash. I tried over and over a dozen different ways, restarted my Mac… no luck.

Ah well, recreating them from scratch. It took half the time of what it took to build them the first time. So a few hours later and I have brand new files. That is unbillable time. It's not the client's fault that Edge is such a wedgie. They just wanted a single graphic changed.

And now, I guess I need to quote that "small" project that had to be put off until finishing the banners. I say "small" because I won't know until I look over the specs.

It seems all I talk about this week is work.

Air conditioner maintenance is tomorrow. It's actually working just fine right now but maintenance is good anyway.

Loki walked out the door yesterday. I was taking too long with the door open to retrieve a few packages left on the step. Lol, cat! I picked him up and carried him back inside with the packages. He acted like it was no big deal. Though he does look a bit pissed off in the photo. And what's up with those bushy eyebrows?


2 comments:

  1. Loki is rocking those eyebrows... that is for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He looks like an old man with big brow hair. :D

      Delete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...