Friday, May 27, 2016

conversations with vegetables

A head of cauliflower called out to me when I opened the fridge this morning. "Hey, you should probably make something with me today before I am wasted!"

Okay, Mr. Cauliflower. Today is your day.

No, I don't really have insane conversations with vegetables. It was quite reasonable. ;)

I remember seeing photos of deliciously baked, roasted and fried cauliflower on facebook over the last couple of weeks. I'm no stranger to roasting cauliflower and it's great tossed in some olive oil and sea salt, but I put together something a little more involved this time.

No idea the measurements as I just sprinkled this and that from the spice rack into a large bowl. Cayenne pepper, oregano, cajun seasoning, red pepper flakes, turmeric, cumin, sea salt, paprika went into the bowl and then a good amount of grated parmesan cheese.

Florets of cauliflower first went into a bowl with a couple of beaten eggs and then into the bowl of dry seasonings and parmesan. I baked them for 20 minutes in a 400ยบ oven on a cookie sheet coated with olive oil, then flipped them so they could brown on the other side for 10 more minutes.

Pretty good and there is plenty for later.

Cro is getting a cold again. :( I'm taking extra vitamin C.




[carbs]
------
[ 5g ] baked "breaded" cauliflower
-----
[ 0g ] item
-----
[ 0g ] item

=====Total 0 carbs=====

5 comments:

  1. Wow... That cauli looks so good. Love the idea of breading it a little, too.

    I have a major sinus infection (due to allergies, I'm guessing)... Thankfully my honey bunny is not here to catch it.

    I'm trying to avoid going to the doctor, but it's been a solid five days of pretty severe sinus pain... but I keep thinking it will subside...

    Anyway, reading you talking to the veggie reminded me of this super adorable little Asian woman who would kiss the cauliflower and really thank it so much before she'd eat it.

    Cauliflower is so yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. Hope you feel better soon. It seems to always happen before a holiday weekend or vacation that Cro gets sick. Poor guy.

    Have you seen the vid of Asian lady trying to rake leaves at a zoo's panda bear exhibit? So funny. Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCvuLb4i4iQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That panda video literally took the cake! OMG.... so freaking funny. I had no idea pandas were so playful and sweet... and tiny!

      Delete
  3. Yum!!! And boo to colds. I am almost over mine. I gotta take my vit c!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad yours is almost over. Colds are way boo for Cro.

      Delete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...