Friday, June 24, 2016

Brexit and southern Indiana country speak

Friday, woot. Though Brexit happened yesterday and I'm not quite sure what that's going to mean for Konrad. He has said there are both good and bad aspects to it so I'll just have to wait and see what he experiences.

Cro's birthday is tomorrow! And his five days off work (that includes the weekend) also starts tomorrow. Mom sent him a birthday card of funny redneck words. It had, for example, the word "FAR" and then the word was used in a sentence like this: "It's so hot my dog fell asleep in the sun and caught on far." The funny thing is, that is exactly how mom pronounces fire. She laughed and said yes, she's a redneck. I'd say she just has a southern Indiana country way of saying things. Worsh instead of wash, etc. And my sister lives in Washington (Worshington according to mom.) Strange that neither dad nor I have the "southern Indiana country speech affliction" even though we both grew up in southern Indiana. Matt doesn't have it either. Some of my cousins do but I think it's more of a joke to them than actual country-speak. :)

I had the last of my chicken/veggie soup. It was good but I was growing tired of chicken soup. Guess I'll have to think of something else to make for next week's meals. I think fried bologna and cheese on lettuce wraps is going to be one thing I have a few of next week.



[carbs]
------
[ 3g ] chicken/veg soup
[ 4.2g ] Dove dark chocolate
[ 0g ] item
[ 0g ] item

=====Total ___ carbs=====

No comments:

Post a Comment

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...