Friday, June 3, 2016

keys keys keys, keys me now-ow-ow-ow-ow… come on sing Sean!

No movie with Matt yesterday evening. Instead I discovered that my keys were locked inside my Jeep. Doh! Cro has been telling me to get a copy or two made. Intimidated by finding a place that could actually make a Jeep key for me and that was closer and hopefully cheaper than the Jeep dealership, I put it off. And put it off. And put it off.

I called AAA Hoosier Motor Club to see if they could break into my car, lol. They had a guy at my place within 15 minutes, wow cool. They also didn't charge anything additional since it is a covered item for members. Cool again.

Spurred into action by this incident and by a text from Cro saying I should use the free time to get two keys made, I did. It only took a few minutes of Googling to find that Home Depot can make duplicates of both chipped and non-chipped vehicle keys. Since there is a Lowes a few blocks from me I gave them a call instead. Resulting in two key duplicates that cost less than $6 total and took 30 minutes all told (the Googling, driving, and key making).

My Jeep is a 1999, which is old enough that the key has no chip. The Lowes key-maker dude told me that chipped key duplicates were $75 while non-chipped were $2 and some change. I've read horror stories that Dealership-made keys could be several hundred dollars.

Matt suggested that we see the movie next week and that he could use the time to catch up on some work that needed to be done anyway since he is taking today off.



New key dupes. Only one of them works (notice the difference in grinds)
but that's fine. It was only $2-something and one of them does work!


[carbs]
------
[    0g ] another leftover Memorial Day grilled chicken breast (so good!)
[ 1.2g ] 2 eggs
[ 4.2g ] one Dove dark chocolate
[    2g ] 1/3 ounce peanuts

=====Total 5.6 carbs=====

1 comment:

  1. AAA is the best! Glad you were at least at home if you had to get locked out.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...