Friday, August 26, 2016

love and tornadoes

I'm paying off the big loan tomorrow. Mom scolded me for not having asked her and then went on to worry about all of the interest she imagined I would be paying. Isn't it cool how no matter how old you are that to your mom you are still her baby. I couldn't imagine ever getting over the pain of losing my dad, and I probably never will… but I am treasuring having a mom while she is still here to treasure.

She is loaning me the money to pay off the bank loan and insists on no interest and I that I can take however long I need to pay it back. She said "it's going to be your money someday anyway". I hope that day is not for MANY years (and I will be sending monthly payments to reimburse her). She still rides her horse and/or bicycles daily. I'm pretty sure she is healthier than me despite being older.

mom - August 2016
Yay for another Friday. The tornado siren went off again this morning. Cro's work had everyone go to the "tornado shelter" yesterday but today's siren was before he left for work. I did think much of it until I got on facebook and found out there was big rotation reported just a few miles from here and a microburst downed a huge tree in a former coworker's yard. It didn't destroy anything important other than itself (it was a HUGE old tree).

[carbs]
------
[ 10g ] Chic-fil-a nuggets
[ 6g ] ground beef and Heluva Good french onion dip
[ 0g ] item
[ 0g ] item

=====Total 16 carbs=====

No comments:

Post a Comment

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...